Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Up in the Air

Israeli pundits are having a field day. What / who / how a political coalition is going to emerge from the present balygan is being predicted and prognosticated every which way. Lieberman left the country, leaving Bibi & Livni to either stew separately or sit together without him. He'll be back in a few days with his final say. Labor is already out, saying they will sit in the oppostion and Olmert is advising Livni to sit in the opposition, favoring Netanyahu to form the government without Kadima. This might sound odd, but....hmmm, there could be a lot of reasons. The given one is that a right wing government will be unstable especially with Lieberman in it, and soon Kadima will be back in.

In addition to the above, whatever coalition comes together STILL has to develop and pass the budget for the new Knesset. IF a budget cannot be approved, then it's back to square one....and Kadima would be asked to come back in and try to form a coalition.

It will be interesting if no one can accomplish the dual tasks ahead, coalition plus budget. Then what???

Stay tuned... Isn't Israel fun? Never a dull moment, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment