Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Meetings Underway - Peres Makes Headlines

At this hour, a few blocks away, Israeli President Shimon Peres is meeting with Kadima, and shortly thereafter will meet with Likud as the selection process begins. Election Judge Eliezer Rivlin turned over the official election readings to the President earlier this evening and stated that there were no abnormalities. (There had been several reports of abnormalities on election day, but...they seem to either have been forgotten, or were in fact, corrected, or ...who knows?)

Tomorrow Peres will meet with Avigdor Lieberman, Yisrael Beiteinu, discussing to whom Lieberman will throw the weight of his 15 Knesset seats.

The biggest news of the day for the national camp, however, is Shimon Peres's admission that the withdrawal from Gush Katif was implemented in an incorrect way, and he was wrong about how he thought about it. Early reports about his statement were sometimes headlined in a way that looked like he felt he was wrong about supporting the withdrawal altogether.

The President's office was quick to correct that misconception, explaining he was FOR the withdrawal, just not the way it was implemented, especially the lack of coordination with the Palestinian Authority.

Whew, for a moment I thought that the President....ah, well, I guess I will refrain from further comment on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment