Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday News Update

A busy day ! Just a few things for your perusal.

1) Starting at 7am when 4 kassams were fired into Israel (one landing between schools in Sderot - no one hurt), and extending to 10 am when soldiers were fired upon at the Kissufim crossing, to noon, when four mortars landed in the Sha'ar HaNegev Regional Council (by this time 8 rockets fired into Israel). Then in the afternoon 4 more mortars and 1 kassam fired into Israel, again in the Sha'ar HaNegev Regional Council. 3 people wounded. Late this afternoon another rocket hit Sderot. Fatah (you know - the peaceful party headed by moderate Abbas) has claimed responsibility for them.

Folks, I have been counting. Since our unilateral ceasefire (remember we ceased not Hamas - Hamas lulled) there have been 32 rocket and mortar attacks, most of these are 3 -4 rockets in one attack...so taking a figure of 24 of the 32 attacks were multiple rockets we are talking well over 100 rockets fired into Israel. In addition there have been six to seven attacks against our soldiers at the border...one of the attacks killing one soldier and wounding three.

When the media says this is the 3rd attack or the 4th attack since our ceasefire, they are playing games with you.

2) Olmert deliberated all day what we should do.

3) And then he(they) had a brilliant idea, he and Barak. They ordered the IDF this evening to PHONE the Gazan residents to tell them they were going to bomb warehouses and terror centers in Khan Yunis and Rafah. Yes, I said PHONED...with a recorded message. Of course, all the Hamas leaders left the area and who knows what the h...ll they did to prevent the civilians from leaving. My blood pressure has stayed pretty normal throughout this whole affair until I read this report. And Barak has the AUDACITY to say "“Leave it to the Chief of Staff, to the OC [Southern] Command and with all modesty, to me as well,” he said. “We know better what to do and when.”

Playing Games with the lives of the residents of the south and with our soldiers should be a lifetime imprisonment offense AT LEAST, in my opinion

4) It was released for publication today (Army Radio, Muqata, INN) that the US stopped Israel from boarding and/or consficating the arms on the Iranian ship now being held by Cyprus. Excuse me? Are we the 51st state? (rhetorical) There is something very fishy about this ship. (pun not intended). If this is true, and the US itself boarded the ship and then let it go, and now Cyprus has backed off from their original statements of the ship being filled with arms and are saying they will take a second look...something is very strange. A second look? It was announced the ship was carrying arms destined for Syria to go to either Hezbollah or Hamas, and you need to look again to make sure ..what, that they aren't toy guns?????

Some kind of a deal has been made somewhere....and it is beginning to reek!!

5) Speaking of deals....Hamas is "leaking" information that they are initiating a one year truce or accepting Egypts' recommendation. Just before our elections? How convenient. Talk about reeking.


6) Thank G-d the shakedim (shkedim) are blooming, or I wouldn't be able to handle the news today.

No comments:

Post a Comment