Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Monday, February 2, 2009

Barak's Folly

There is SO much confusion at the national level with our "government leaders". but today was Barak's day to shine. In an interview with Ynet , Barak's explanation for his insipid pre-phoned bombing of empty warehouses and, oh yes, one police station, was this: "If we play our cards right and prevent further escalation than we have a good chance of some peace and quiet."

He went on to say that "it would be unwise to say why we waited to respond to the rocket fire, since Hamas is probably reading this as well."

To add further to his inane announcements, Barak made it clear that he, not Olmert, was the one making decisions: "The prime minister is kept abreast of everything. I briefed him on tonight's actions. He was aware of it, but I don’t think he should deal with such things." [Editorial note: It is quite obvious that NEITHER ONE OF YOU should be dealing with such things]

But his final blurt of stupidity came at Ben Gurion University in Beersheva. Speaking with students there, Barak said that the new Palestinian state could be made contiguous by connecting Judea (what is now Judea, but hoped to belong instead to the Palestinians) with Gaza via a 48-kilometer underground tunnel. Oh my G-d he really said that. Someone should tell our defense minister that in the eyes of Palestinians, tunnels = smuggling routes for weapons, drugs and money.

This is even worse than the Peter Principle (where every employee rises to his or her level of incompetence.)

No comments:

Post a Comment