Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Netanyahu and Iran

With Netanyahu emerging as the upcoming Prime Minister of Israel, so much of the focus is on whether or not he will disrupt the precious "peace" plans that the world, including our departing government leaders, have tried to impose upon us.

Very few have really listened to what came out of his mouth in his first statements. It wasn't about the Palestinian State or our relationship with Europe and America, about which Olmert and Livni were so paranoid.

His first words at a ceremony held at Beit HaNassi had to do with the existential threat from Iran. He said briefly that Iran's drive for nuclear weapons poses "the gravest threat to our existence since the war of independence." Netanyahu has been speaking on this for many years...but few have listened.

His strong words eerily coincided with the news this week that the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) "suddenly discovered" that Iran does in fact have enough low grade uranium to develop a nuclear bomb right away.

One of the few media outlets taking notice was Investor's Business Daily (IBD). In a stunning editorial that reflects the sobering reality of our precarious world, IBD compares Netanyahu's emerging role vis a vis Ahmadinejad with Churchill's role vis a vis Hitler.

Read this very important article at Investor's Business Daily, entitled Ahmadinejad Vs. Netanyahu.

(hyperlink provided with permission from Investor's Business Daily)

No comments:

Post a Comment