Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pounding Rain and High Winds Election Day Drama

Jerusalem is experiencing pounding rain and high winds right now, with darkness over the City. Hopefully, the burst will subside shortly. Just before the rains started, but the winds ferocious, half of the tree in front of my house came crashing down at the top of the steps into the building. Thanks G-d I didn't leave just then, as I was thinking to do!!

There is some talk of extending the hours of the open polls if the weather is too severe for too long. We'll see.

If nothing else the weather heightens the drama of the day.

Other reports of drama: Fighting broke out between Labor and Kadima voters at the entrance to Jerusalem according to an INN source. Another fight between between police and party activists in Ramat bet Shemesh. (source) Numerous reports (68 by 2:30pm) of stolen or missing ballots, ballots with Lieberman's name written on the back, forged ballots (also Yisrael Beteinu) smuggled into the voting areas...the list goes on. On David Yalin Street in Jerusalem, a young orthodox man reportedly overturned the table containing the ballot notes and stole all the 'gimmel" slips (United Torah Judaism). Many polling stations in the north never opened either due to the weather or missing ballots or unknown reasons.

The 12,000 prisoners in Israel are happily exercising their citizenship rights, even security prisoners. Voting is high among the inmates - over 80% in 2006. I wonder who they vote for.

This just in: As of 4pm 41.9% of Israelis have cast their vote..up 3% from 2006. Keep going friends!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment