Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Explosive Story Developing: Gazan Doctor at Sheba Medical Center Loses 3 Daughters in War

Another developing story from the day. Dr. Ezzeldeen Abu al-Aish, a Gazan doctor who works at Sheba Medical Center in Tel Hashomer, lost three of his daughters today in an IDF shelling of his home, and two more are seriously wounded and were evacuated to Israeli hospitals.

Dr. al-Aish is a fertility expert and well known among Israeli doctors. He recently lost his wife to leukemia.

There is a lot of confusion surrounding the incident and much grief amongst his colleagues. A short time ago, he held a press conference, angry at the IDF for targeting his house which he said had been identified as one to be avoided. According to his story, when he saw tanks pull up to his house he called a journalist to identify his house. He was not home at the time of the shelling.

A mother of 3 soldiers who are deployed inside Aza, Levana Stern, interrupted the press conference and accused him and the Israeli media of propaganda. While her actions may seem inappropriate I believe there are several unanswered questions regarding this incident.

Dr. al-Aish seemed to show no anger towards Hamas, why not? Why were his daughters still in a house in the middle of a war zone if he has free access in and out of Israel and is part of the hospital network here? Why were they left in the house when a tank pulled up in front of it? Why did he leave, leaving them alone in the house? Why did he call journalists when he saw the Israeli tank?

This story has the potential to be quite explosive regardless of whether or not it can be proved that Hamas had fired from that location, or whether or not it can be shown that the doctor was complicit with Hamas' activities in any way.

More as it develops. Information at this stage is from Ynet News linked above.

No comments:

Post a Comment