Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Updates 3:56pm

Conflicting reports on our response to the attack this morning. Some sources say the IAF did some limited bombing in Khan Younis, others say the response was limited to the border with a fly over sonic boom (Gaza City) - presumably as a warning? Ah...such brilliant strategy. a sonic boom... Haniyeh must be laughing his head off. (although that would be one way to do him in I guess).

The family of the IDF non commissioned officer has requested that neither his name nor his photo be published. It has been reported in some sources he was a tracker which means his identity must remain secret. (Trackers are usually Bedouin and for their protection and that of their family must be not identified)

The Muqata is reporting however that the seriously wounded IDF officer who was flown to Soroka was just very recently married. He is still undergoing surgery at this hour, to remove shrapnel from his head. The name of this officer, according to the sourece, is Aharon Yehoshua ben Chaya Shoshana.

There has been some talk (and I hope more than talk) about exempting newly married soldiers from being called to the front for one year after marriage...according to Biblical tradition. It is about time we address this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment