Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Morning Update

Update from this morning. Among them these three incidents:

1. The northern front has opened up briefly as 4 katyusha rockets were fired into Israel around 7:30 am. The rockets landed in and near the Nahariya, Shlomi, and Kabri areas. Ahmed Jabril, a local terrorists group in southern Lebanon has claimed responsibility for the attack. Both Hamas and Hizbollah have said they were not involved (of course they could sit and watch while a "splinter" group does the work). Nerves are rattled as a few hours later, 2 sonic booms from airplanes generated panic as the north remembers the war there not so long ago. 11:50 am update. There have been 2 more rockets fired into Shlomi. One of today's rockets has hit an nursing home where some have been lightly wounded by shrapnel and are being treated for shock as well. The IDF has returned fire to the launching site.

2. More rockets fall on Be'er Sheva during the night. No injuries.

3. An attempted terrorist attack was thwarted at the Maale Adumin gas station. (Maale Adumin, a peripheral city just outside Jerusalem). An arab attempted to blow up the gas station by setting himself on fire (?), but was neutralized by the IDF. One bystander was burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment