Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Quiet Day Only 3 Rocket Attacks and other news

Since our government continues to deny that rockets are being fired into Israel on a daily basis (SINCE the "ceasefire") it is up to us bloggers, I guess, to set the record straight. Occasionally, Channel 2 or some news site will mention one here and there, and the government finally had to acknowedge one or two as well..like the one that fell in the middle of Sderot this morning.

Here's today's list gathered from Ynet and Muqata:
8:20 am. 3 rockets fell on Sderot
9:50 am. rockets in the Western Negev
2:00 pm false alarm sirens in Petah Tikvah (we were told)
5:45 pm rockets land in Kibbutz Kfar Aza
Morning hours: Terror alert in Tel Aviv... no news as to apprehension of terrorist.

Other news from the day:
1) Shimon Peres stood up for Israel today at the World Economic Congress in Davos, Switzerland. In a debate with Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan regarding the Gaza operation, Peres shouted that Turkey would have done the same thing if rockets were falling on Istanbul. Erdogan began raising his voice and wouldn't yield to the request of the moderator to stop, saying "Israel was killing people.." [uh, duh, war, sir?]. Red-faced he walked off the stage. For once I can give kudos to Peres.

2) Cyprus has more guts than the US Navy as it has finally detained the Iranian ship carrying weapons to be unloaded in Syria - destined for either Hezbollah or Hamas. No news as to how long the ship will be detained or what course of action will result. But at least someone has taken the courage to halt it's course.

3) Overseas voters have begun to cast their ballots in Israel's upcoming election. Mostly State, security and El Al personnel and their families, voters went to the booth in New York and London. (Ynet)

No comments:

Post a Comment