Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Update on Tractor Terror Attack

As the information becomes available it appears that the tractor terrorist was aiming towards a busload of young women who were dressed in Purim costumes and on their way to Hadassah Ein Karem to cheer up the patients before the holiday.

It's not clear whether the police car got in the way and he picked it up in the jaws of the bulldozer enroute to the bus or if his intent was to use the police car as an additional ramming rod. Somehow an electric pole that had fallen (unclear) blocked him from reaching the bus. When police and civilians began firing on the tractor driver, the girls were evacuated from the bus, several being treated for shock.

A joint effort at killing the terrorist finally accomplished the goal. 100 bullets into him would be too few in my opinion.

Just in, information that the terrorist was a married 26 year old father of one child. He lived in Beit Hanina, an arab neighborhood in the northern part of Jerusalem, however, he did not carry an Israeli ID but a Palestinian one.

This is quite revealing, as it now appears he was living within Jerusalem illegally, and employed by the tractor company. There have been no reports as to what the tractor was involved with construction wise, other than to say that the driver drove his tractor unhindered through the City on his way to the Malha area....that story is still developing.

No comments:

Post a Comment