Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Terrorist Attack Near Malha Mall

About 1pm this afternoon another terrorist bulldozer attack took place near Malha Canyion (Shopping Mall). It occured at a major intersection where Begin Highway connects into the Teddy Stadium/Malha Mall area.

Although there are some conflicting reports it seems clear that two police officers were lightly wounded as the bulldozer driver flipped (2x) and dragged the police vechicle. An attempt was made by the Arab terrorist to push the police car into a bus full of girls in Purim costume, then a 2nd attempt was made to ram an empty bus. A pole at the intersection prevented the enormous tragedy of the attempt on the busload of girls, and a taxi driver named "Dor" and another police officer shot and severely wounded the terrorist. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he subsequently died of his wounds.

Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat arrived at the scene within 30 minutes and complimented the police and taxi driver on the quick actions to subdue the terrorist. An open Koran was found on the floor of the tractor. Mayor Barkat made it clear that some strong measures must be taken against the family of the driver, including destroying the terrorists home. (A tactic with which I strongly disagree, there are other much more effective options than this counter productive measure.)

More later as the story unfolds and reports are more consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment