Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Appalling French Boycott

On March 7, 2009 this group entered a french supermarket and removed all the Israeli products from the shelves in a demonstrated boycott against Israel. Apart from my profound anger about it I am wondering: Did the store just let them do this??? Is France so intimidated by the pro-Palestinian tirades that they were afraid to protect their store? What did they do with the products they removed?

The english subtitles are missing from the youtube version, but basically the spokespersons are saying that Israel is stealing these products from the Palestinians, robbing them of livihood, angrily chastising France for allowing products from Israel into the stores. In one scene they show babywipes from Israel, and sputter that Israel "kills the Palestinian babies" then sells baby wipes to France...and on and on with such garbage.

In sheer illogical rage and hatred, if a product did not say where it was from, it was also pulled from the shelves. Case in point were the flowers...they looked for place of origin and said that since they found none, it had to be removed, just in case it came from Israel.

Add this to the growing long list of 1938 Germany...except this time it is world wide.


No comments:

Post a Comment