Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Moving into Day 5 - Beersheva and Nitzan Sewer Pipes

Today, missiles hit the city of Beersheva in the Negev. Not only the city, but a kindergarten - which thank G-d was empty. And still we sit, afraid to give the full force of our very capable response.

Will rockets on Tel Aviv make a difference? Why do not the towns along the coast and deep in the Negev count as much as Tel Aviv would? Is Jewish blood more precious in Tel Aviv?

In case you haven't heard or read, the families who were living in Gush Katif's Ne've Dekalim and are now living on an agricultural plot of old Nitzan in makeshift caravilla's (read paper thin walls) have been given special and wonderful attention by our government, now that the shelling of Hamas' rockets has followed them to Nitzan.

Since there are no miklatot (bomb shelters) here, the government is making these families feel protected and cared for. They are bringing in large sewer pipes for them to run into should the Color Red Alert sound, giving a few seconds to take cover..

Yes, you are reading this right.

They have been told of course, that the sewers will not protect from a direct hit, only from peripheral damage of a nearby one.

Rachel Saperstein gives the descriptive naarative in an Arutz Sheva Opinion article. Rachel and her husband Moshe were expelled from Ne've Dekalim.

What words can convey our disgust with this government?

A few pictures supplied by Debbie Rosen of Nitzan.


No comments:

Post a Comment