Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Beautiful Niggun

The information continuing to come forth about the Mumbai massacres is a bit overwhelming. Every day new stories emerge, about the Chabad couple and others so brutally murdered, about survivors.

Rabbi David Grossman, the Rabbi of Migdal Ha'Emek and uncle of Rivka Holzberg, brought into his home the infant son of the Holzberg's, and the nanny, Sandra Samuel, who miraculously rescued the child. While they were in his home, Rabbi Grossman, known as the Disco Rabbi, composed a niggun (holy verses put to song) to give thanks for saving the lives of baby Moishe and others in this horrendous tragedy.



The words to the niggun are a verse from the 18th blessing of the 'Amidah' Silent Prayer which is recited by observant Jews three times every day. It reads "HaTov Ki Lo Chalu Rachamecha VeHaMerachem Ki Lo Tamu Chasadecha, Ki Me'Olam Kivinu Lach" ("The Good, because Your mercy has not ended, and the Merciful One because your kindness is not over, for we have always hoped for You." ) The words and translation from Israel News article at http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/128783
.
The full article and other videos can be found at this blog: http://lifeinisrael.blogspot.com/2008/12/rabbi-grossman-sings-thanks-for.html

No comments:

Post a Comment