Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Following the destruction of the Federman Farm

More on the destruction of the Federman and Tor homes motzei Shabbat. The homes of these 2 families were completely razed to the ground by bulldozers and all their belongings crushed and destroyed. For the Federman's
this means what one accumulates in 18 years of
marriage - photo albums, personal irreplaceable items in addition to all the necessary things of life.

Photos by David Wilder

Help from the community of Kiryat Arba and Hebron, from Efrat and from Jerusalem and other areas is pouring in. A small truckload of personal goods, food, household needs was delivered this afternoon. I was among those traveling to the Federman Farm and we toured the Farm and it's destruction. The physical and visual reality of it was even worse than the pictures.....the viciousness and brutality of the bulldozer drivers crushing and spreading the contents of these homes was palpable.

Remarkably Noam and Elisheva Federman, and Sinai and Rivka Tor, were strong and full of faith. While we tried to encourage them, we were the one who were uplifted by their strength. (Hear Elisheva's first hand account of what happened that night).

Photo of Elisheva Federman and her daughter with the goods brought by friends from Efrat and Jerusalem - Photo by Gemma Blech

No comments:

Post a Comment