Notice To My Readers

A couple of months ago I wrote that my hiatus from blogging would be resumed, but I am sorry to say that did not happen.

For the time being, my decision regarding this blog will be that during times of crisis and G-d forbid, war, I will resume the live blogging..that is daily or hourly updating.

At present there will not be a regular blog posting, however, from time to time I will bring an update or comment.

My reasons for this retreat are varied, including taking up residence for a while in one of many Israeli rabbit holes......according to a friend - the safest place to be when Israeli politics become too mishugana (crazy)

I realize I will lose some of my regular readers and for that I apologize. I appreciate your loyalty til now. Please check the other blog site: www.fromthehillsofjerusalem.blogspot.com

And truthfully, I will come out of the rabbit hole from time to time.....if you subscribe to this blog and check your subscribe list, any updates will show up there.

Thanks & L'hitraot
Marcia Fremont

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Bibi's Long Awaited Speech


I am really proud of Bibi. He was brilliant. There should be no complaints on the right, but already I see them coming in. We truly are our own worst enemy.

Bibi outlined very clearly that if there was ever to be a Palestinian state, we had to be recognized as a Jewish one. This is clearly something the Palestinians will never, ever agree to ...but it will be on their heads not ours.

He countered every demand of Obama's but in the most eloquent diplomatic way.

He said the "words" Palestinian State, BUT...
  • He never ever said how big or where it would be. He continually spoke of Judea and Samaria as being ours.
  • If there is a Palestinian state we must be recognized as a Jewish one
  • Any Palestinian State would have to be demilitarized - no army, no weapons (a slap in the face to American demands to build up the PA army
  • Our right to be in this Land is NOT BECAUSE OF OUR SUFFERING THROUGH PERSECUTIONS LIKE THE SHOAH, but because of our eternal right to this Land as Jews. It is and always has been our homeland. The direct opposite of Obama's speech.
  • No new settlements will be established but building WILL CONTINUE in the established ones...again the direct opposite of Obama's demands
  • He was absolutely clear about no arab return to the Israel.
  • He was absolutely clear that Jerusalem will not be divided
The PA heard what he said. Here was Saeb Ereket's response to Bibi's speech:

Senior PA negotiator Saeb Erikat said that “Netanyahu will have to wait a thousand years befire he finds a Palestinian who agrees to his suggestions. He has unilaterally eliminated all of the final status subjects like Jerusalem, refugees and security.”

“I turn to President Obama,” he said – “Netanyahu’s speech is a slap in the face to your speech.”

Too bad and so sad that our own right-wing leadership didn't listen to the words and the intent.

KOL HAKAVOD BIBI. YOU DID IT!!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed, Bibi did use those words, "Palestinian state", but he also said Israel's ties to Judea and Samaria is 3500 years old. In other words, no way is a Bibi led government going to give up the heartland of Israel.

    ReplyDelete